Saturday 25 August 2012

Magic Fix #3: Yummy Toddler Food!

My toddler can be super fussy with his food and then not! Once he even ate pasta with anchovies, olives and chilly in it!?! Some other times he won't even eat ice cream. I'm always on the lookout for fast but nutritious toddler food that he'll like actually want to eat. Here are a couple of recipes that I tried yesterday that was the 'magic fix' for the day!

Savoury French Toast

This is a quick fix meal that is nutritious and healthy that my toddler liked and even I LOVED!

You need the following ingredients. I used a homemade bean mixture, but I guess canned baked beans will work too if you are in a hurry.

You will need a bean mixture, one egg and some milk with salt and pepper, grated cheddar (I like Tasty)

Beat the egg mixture well until frothy, Get two slices of bread of your choice(but it must be toast cut) the combine the bean mixture and cheese as shown.

Once you sandwich the bread, you can go ahead and dip it in the egg mixture and get it well coated.

Now fry it in a saucepan with some butter. Voila! It is best served with some good ol' tomato sauce.





Blueberries with Greek Yogurt

I always like to keep several types of frozen berries, mango and banana in the freezer. These are fantastic, especially if you have the time to whip out the blender to create some instant low calorie, low sugar and low-fat ice cream made with greek yogurt(leave a comment, if you want the recipes). Today I didn't have the time to blend, all I did was heat the berries in the microwave for 30 sec or so and added the greek yogurt and added some castor sugar/honey to it. Instant hit!!! He loved the silky deliciousness, and I loved the pink and white swirls.


 Blueberries with Greek Yogurt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...