Monday 29 April 2013

Magic Fix #29: Losing My Mummy Folds, Part 2.

The Magic Fix for 'Losing My Mummy Folds' has been to do what I love and to do it often! 

I had written in an earlier post here about the weight loss methods that I had used in the past to lose extra kilos gained during pregnancy. This time around, with my forth bubba, my weight gain had reached unprecedented proportions!

Nine months on, I have reached my pre-pregnancy weight once again by doing yoga and lately by cycling which has helped to shed my kilos fast!

I believe that two key factors had determine the success of my wight loss routine (and this falls in line with my general life philosophy):

 1) I have had fun doing it and must take least effort (and I have loved every moment of it actually!!!). If I am struggling to motivate myself, its not right for ME!

2) My routine does not create conflict or take time away from the other things that I love in my  life (for me personally, it is  spending time with my family)

So the key to success is that you find the wight loss and fitness routine that YOU enjoy and not just what works for others.

I have loved spending time in nature and admiring views like these. My bicycle gets me there faster...

Cycling with my 'carrot' bike and spending time with my family, combines my two loves!

After school and before dinner time, our family can whip out to the local nature track and often enjoy views like this.

I don't have to leave my baby behind and with her help, I lose my 'Mummy Folds'!

I have found that, if my heart is not in it, it is near impossible for me to feel motivated to do any weight loss routine effectively and often enough to make it a success. By combining the two things that I love which is spending time in nature and with my family, I have found the perfect 'magic fix' for weight loss after pregnancy!

5 comments:

  1. Well written and you hit the nail on the head there Dharshi! I'm in the process of loosing my 'post-wedding-binge-eating' folds. It's been so hard to get motivated but something I'm only figuring out now - you have to enjoy what you're doing. And to stop stuffing my face.

    I say this as I'm wearing my jogging gear, about to go out for a morning jaunt. Fingers crossed. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello beautiful girl! Thank you for dropping by, I have missed you lately. Its nice hearing from the person who started it all off for me in the first place...blogging that is! Hey did you get that IKEA rug, the one with the black and white stripes??? xx

      Delete
  2. Your photos were just what I needed to see this morning. I'm going to save them in my mind for future reference! Also thanks for the early morning motivation - I don't know why I became so careless this past winter but I'm now trying to focus on feeling good about myself again! Wishing you a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica! I am so grateful for each and every comment that you make, this strengthens my resolve to keep sharing my positive experiences for the good of everyone who may choose to read it. Lately, I haven't been out on my bike because I have been so tired from doing housework and it has even had an effect on my blog writing and reading of other blogs. Sometimes life brings you challenges that take you away from doing the things that you love the most--the key is to recognize this and set in motion the intent to change this at all costs--when you are aligned with your bliss, you can manifest a beautiful life for yourself and those around you. Today, I hired some help to clean my house!!

      and Monica, I think you are very beautiful, both inside and outside!! xx p.s. love to all at home...

      Delete
  3. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you may be a
    great author. I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will
    come back at some point. I want to encourage that you continue your great work, have a nice afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...